Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things that inspire me part 2

I wanted to put a little bit of love out there for you before I left for Mexico. My cousin is getting married this weekend there and I thought that some things that I love would be appropriate. So, with no further ado, I give you some music that I love.


Sunshine by Atmosphere. The beat just makes me smile. It is pretty fantastic lyrically, too.


I'll Be There by The Jackson 5. Do I need to say anything more?


Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando and Dawn. Not only is this song completely amazing for many reasons, but the haircuts and fashion choices are mind blowing. I'm not sure what kind of drugs these people were on, but I bet they were pretty fucking amazing.


Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim. More great drugs, I'm sure.

I am going to finish this little musical excursion off with a poem by one of my favorite hip hop artists. It is called Ode to JT by B. Dolan. It is certainly off the vein of this post because it isn't a very happy piece at all. But if you view it as a piece that is done tongue-in-cheek that is a piece of comedy more than the angry poem that it sounds like, you will enjoy it more. It makes me laugh every time I hear it. NSFW!


It's a really well written poem.

I'm off to Mexico.

Peace and love,
Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment